The Search for UK's Most Ordinary Rig
Win a trip to AUSTRALIA!
In conjunction with the Search for Australia's Most Ordinary Rig, we are now on the search for UK's Most Ordinary Rig! The top 10 entrants will be flown/trained to London for the gala event in July 2018, with the winner receiving customised swimwear with photos of themselves emblazoned across the smugglers for them and 10 mates.
In addition, the top 3 will be flown to Australia in late 2018 to take on the top 3 from Australia in the inaugural Ashes Of Ordinary
Win yourself emblazoned across 10 x pairs of smugglers, a bill board in your home town and a trip to Australia!
Entrants will be judged...... on some strict criteria:
- Must be a resident of the UK or Ireland. Up to three sports will be open for foreign-born residents. There is also an identified spot for the Barmy Army's Most Ordinary Rig and Bournemouth 7's Most Ordinary Rig.
- Should look like they could have been good at sport at some point in their life, although were most likely prevented via injury or robbed by selectors early in their career.
- Must be capable of launching a child from their shoulders several metres in a swimming pool.
- Should look like they can still run for a taxi and swing an axe
- Bonus points for likes/shares on social media as well as a description of the exceptional ordinaryness of the person pictured.
*A six-pack is an automatic disqualification.
The search will be nationwide and blokes are encouraged to nominate themselves or mates via the hashtags #OrdinaryRigUK and #BudgySmuggler on social media.
Entries close May 31st 2018.
While this event seems like a complete piss take, we are aiming to send the message that it’s ok not to be a completely shredded Instagram blogger.
The Ashes of Ordinary
An #AshesOfOrdinary event will then be held late in 2018 where the The UK's Top 3 Most Ordinary Rigs will take on the Top 3 from Australia.